For all living in Mumbai, this may sound familiar, but for all my Non-Mumbaiite friends, Patra Ni Machhi is a steamed fish quoted with Green Chutney. You can serve this just as a Starter or even as a Side Dish.
Lets begin the show!
This recipe serves 4
- 4 Pomphrets ideally (or any other fish available) or small fillets of basa fish (if serving as starters)
- 30 gms Mint, Corriander
- 1 Onion
- 2-3 Garlic Pods
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2 tblsp Dahi
- Some Banana Leaves and thread
Preparing Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 10-15 minutes
- Make a Chutney Paste out of all ingredients mentioned above
- The consistency of the paste should not be liquid
- Take the fish and place it on a plate
- Quote the fish properly from all sides back and forth
- Now take a banana leaf and place the fish on it
- Wrap the fish with banana leaf and tie it up with a thread lightly so that it does not open up
- Ready a steamer until you wrap all other fish
- Place each fish in the steamer and let it cook for around 10 minutes
- What Next???? We are done!!
Preferably serve it Hot directly from the steamer!